News and Information
Job Title: Manager
Hours: 20 hours per week
Salary: £25,295 pro rata (actual £13,635 per annum)
Office Location: Church House, Flowergate, Whitby, YO21 3BA
Holidays: 25 days plus 8 public holidays
Reporting to: The Chair of Trustees of Caring Together Whitby
Caring Together Whitby has a proven track record of providing high quality services and activities for carers and older people. This is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate to manage and develop the Sitting Service and My Neighbourhood service. Good communication skills are vital, and you will need to be organised, self-motivated and enthusiastic. Car User essential.
For an application pack (no CV’s accepted) please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 8th February 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 20th February 2019
Co-op Sponsorship in 2018
If you or your family and friends shop at Whitby Co-op please support us!
We are pleased to announce that we have been nominated as one of the Co-ops 'Charities of the year' until November 2018.
If you, your family or your friends shop at the Co-op please ask them to opt to give us their donation, raised by members purchasing Co-op 'own-brand' items.
We can also receive a donation from money raised from 5p carrier bags; or from families using the Co-op Funeral Services.
This is an easy way for people to help us, without any cost to themselves and we'd be very grateful for any donations at a time when we face funding cuts. Please help if you can, and tell your friends!!
So far we have benefited by approximated £300 from the Co-op sponsorship; with another donation promised in the next month. If you haven't yet nominated us for support, please do so - and we are pleased to hear we will gain additional monies from their new scratchcard initiative. Thank you to the Co-op. We appreciate it.
Project work at Caring Together
Carer and client events in 2018
The 'Two Ridings Community Foundation' grant : for Carer and client support activities
In April, 20 clients, carers and volunteers were hosted for a cream tea at the Raven Hall Hotel at Ravenscar. It was a scorching day and the views were gorgeous - as were the cream scones and silver service. A real treat.
In May, 14 Caring Together clients and carers went to the Mallyan Spout at Goathland for morning tea and cakes. Again, a lovely day which was enjoyed by all. Many thanks also to Dave from Community Transport for his help to make it accessible to all.
In June, Sue arranged for clients, carers and volunteers to have tea and cakes at Pannet Park Museum. Again, this went well and clients and carers appreciated the current art exhibition, the museum and the gardens.
Many thanks to the Two Ridings Community foundation for funding these 2018 initiatives. www.trcf.org.uk
The Community Breakfasts in Lythe village hall
- 5th September 'Tales from the Forge' with Alan Readman
- 3rd October 'Being an Olympic Games Maker' with Rose Helm
- 7th November 'Life with Sheepdogs' with Alan Metcalf
to book, ring Isabelle on 07811 638504 or ring us on 01947 605757
- Thanks to Sirius minerals for their sponsorship
For Volunteers in 2018
We realise that many of you are visiting people with a degree of dementia and we want to organise some sessions for volunteers to support this role.
* a 'Dementia Friends' session - thank you to Debbie and staff from the Alzheimers Society for the session which was very interesting and helpful; much appreciated by our volunteers. As a large number of referrals are from people experiencing a degree of dementia, this is becoming increasingly relevant to us all.
* a Dementia workshop - with other volunteers and carers to consider ways of occupying and working with people with some aspect of dementia. The workshop aims to provide ideas for visits and the chance for volunteers to discuss their concerns and gain some peer support. **** we are waiting for a date for this - watch this space, it will depend on when the Alzheimers Societys trainer is free****
* Coming soon to Caring Together.....
* a Wheelchair Training session - to help people feel confident if out and about with someone who uses a wheelchair. Aimed at volunteers and unpaid carers; organised in association with Whitby Disabled Action Group
Time and date to be confirmed .....
Volunteer induction session
We have also had some new volunteers, and we want to put on an induction session in April or May to welcome these new recruits.
- but we would also like to invite some 'old timers' as a refresher and chance to talk about the volunteering role and give new recruits some ideas for their visits.