News and Information
The latest News from Caring Together
Welcome to our website's News page where we'll be posting news about our services and events.
Co-op Sponsorship in 2018
Click to edit
If you or your family and friends shop at Whitby Co-op please support us!
We are pleased to announce that we have been nominated as one of the Co-ops 'Charities of the year' until November 2018.
If you, your family or your friends shop at the Co-op please ask them to opt to give us their donation, raised by members purchasing Co-op 'own-brand' items.
We can also receive a donation from money raised from 5p carrier bags; or from families using the Co-op Funeral Services.
This is an easy way for people to help us, without any cost to themselves and we'd be very grateful for any donations at a time when we face funding cuts. Please help if you can, and tell your friends!!
Fundraising Events in March 2018
Egton Dance : Friday 6th April at Egton village hall - 7pm start.
There is a regular 'old time and sequence' dance at Egton village hall, and on 2nd March the organisers have offered to raise money for Caring Together. If you like a good night out, please go along and have fun while supporting us. The evening includes a faith support and a raffle.
Mickleby Jumble sale : many thanks to our volunteers and the ladies of Mickleby village hall - we raised around £250 much needed funds
Click to edit
Project work at Caring Together
Carer and client events in 2018
The 'Two Ridings Community Foundation' grant : for Carer and client support activities
After a wonderfully enjoyable Pamper session at 'The Willows' in Bagdale (thanks Debbie and Martin) we are hoping to organise several more events in 2018.
Keep an eye on 'Diary Dates' for Spring and Summer events and days out - aimed at people who need help and support to join in. We will be looking for accessible venues and booking suitable transport for anyone who - with a bit of help - would like to come along to visit a local attraction or join us for a picnic or tea party.
Volunteers can bring along their clients, or carers can bring the people they care for.
Many thanks to the Two Ridings Community foundation for funding these 2018 initiatives. www.trcf.org.uk
For Volunteers in 2018
Sue and I realise that many of you are visiting people with some degree of dementia, and early this year we want to organise some sessions for volunteers to provide insight and ways of working with someone who has dementia.
We are looking to provide 2 different sessions at Church House:
* a 'Dementia Friends' session - thank you to Debbie and staff from the Alzheimers Society for the session which was very interesting and helpful; much appreciated by our volunteers. As a large number of referrals are from people experiencing a degree of dementia, this is becoming increasingly relevant to us all.
* a Dementia workshop - with other volunteers and carers to consider ways of occupying and working with people with some aspect of dementia. The workshop aims to provide ideas for visits and the chance for volunteers to discuss their concerns and gain some peer support.
* Coming soon to Caring Together.....
* a Wheelchair Training session - to help people feel confident if out and about with someone who uses a wheelchair. Aimed at volunteers and unpaid carers; organised in association with Whitby Disabled Action Group
Time and date to be confirmed .....
Volunteer induction session
We have also had some new volunteers, and we want to put on an induction session in April or May to welcome these new recruits.
- but we would also like to invite some 'old timers' as a refresher and chance to talk about the volunteering role and give new recruits some ideas for their visits.